Friday, November 4, 2011

Quotes i love and live by..or find insperational

These quotes are some of my favorite quotes, or saying I write them down in a little notebook I have, some of these are also on the inside cover of Isla’s journal. Im sorry that some have credit and some don’t. I tried so hard to find the author of these quotes but struggled.  These are a collection of my favorite quotes that hit home for me I thought it would be neat to share with you guys and in italic share with you my perception of the words.



The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.  ~Rajneesh

This is so true, I never existed until I gave my daughter life, I am a woman and I embrace that, the mother in me came out kicking and screaming the instant I knew I would become someone’s mother.

She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along.  ~Margaret Culkin Banning

My husband has sent me out shopping to buy my self something and I come home with stuff for Isla, when I run errends alone I am in CONSTANT communication with whoever may be watching her. Even if its for 15 minutes! Im ridiculous Iiiiiiii know!

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect.  Everything gets reduced to essentials.  ~Meryl Streep

SO true I don’t think this needs explanation I don’t need anything as long as my daughter is taken care of! Example I am insecure about my boobies and the husband stand behind me to get them done, BUT I feel selfish and WOULD NEVER spend that money on me. I feel I could be putting that towards my daughter’s private school tuition. (Did I say this needed no explanation? Sorry I guess I had more to say)

Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed.  ~Linda Wooten

THIS ONE HITS MY HEART! so true there is nothing in this world that I wouldn’t do for my daughter. I fear so much more now, I fear the things I never would have thought twice about. i wrote about it here

"With love comes fear"

 goes hand in hand with above 

This is very true I remember being so terrified of leaving the hospital with our new baby! I wanted to put her back in my belly until we were home safe from cars and such! Either that or a magical transporter again




It's not easy being a mother.  If it were easy, fathers would do it.  ~From the television show The Golden Girls

This one is funny! I just LOOOOVE that show and ladies this is sooooo true, MEN c’mon please admit it! Being a woman is hard work!

All mothers are working mothers.  ~Author Unknown

Is this true or what ladies?  Stay at home mama’s have it hard, and of course so doe working mamas I hate the fact I am a working mama! I want to be home with my baby this is my constant struggle…

A man loves his sweetheart the most; his wife the best, but his mother the longest.  ~Irish Proverb

I just love this, unconditional love! I love that for my husband his mother is his first love.


A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.  ~Author Unknown

I wrote this on my husband’s greeting card I gave him when our daughter turned one, I wrote him some words thanking him for a wonderful first year and being a great da-da!


Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.  ~Gloria Naylor

I miss my daddy sometimes, the only man who will never break my heart! he holds my heart

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.  ~Abraham Lincoln

I love that our president acknowledge this, and this must be true because well he is honest abe ;) in all reality this is very true.

God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.  ~Jewish Proverb

This is cute!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away

I have had a few and you can find this here


No one else will ever know the strength of my LOVE for you.
After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

This one is my favorite, I carried a child in my body, we have this connection that no one can break!

"A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done."
– Author Unknown

Preach preach preach!


Interesting fact from and email i got about Isla's development:"Studies show that her heart will beat a little faster at the sound of your voice. It's something that will excite and comfort your child now and for years to come."

I got this in an email and it was so sweet I teared up! I love that the connection we have and isla baby mommy feels the same way! My heart beats a little faster as I am driving home to you after a day at work… daily ;)


Before you were conceived I wanted you, before you were born I loved you, before you were a minute old I’d die for you.

True, true, true!

Love at first sight is seeing your baby; you fall so hard you can never get up again.

The best kind of love is this one!

You never truly know what love is until the moment you look in to your child’s eyes for the first time… then and there you know love.

My heart can vouch for me

The best thing a father can do for his baby is to love her mother

I just loooove this and it is very true my husband and I vowed to never argue disrespect one another infront of our children. Endless love for all!

A mother’s love grows by giving

I love to give love!

I see who I want to be in my daughter’s eyes

WOW this one is true in all aspects I see her and I want to give her MORE when I see her I want to show her bigger, and better. I want to give her what I didn’t have. Not to say my parents didn’t give me what I wanted, because in reality my parents did what they could just so I could have that cute Hawaiian print dress I wanted so bad even though they couldn’t afford it. My parents did all it took and I want to exceed that.


I never knew what the future held until I held my daughter

And I want it all for Isla! Offer her the world!

When a woman puts her finger for the first time into the tiny hand of her baby and feels that helpless clutch which tightens her very heartstrings, she is born again with her newborn child

Life is new to me since having isla, I get to see everything and experience it all through her little eyes. I live for her expressions, laughs, cries, giggles, rambles. I was reborn the instant I touched her. Life is beautiful and I have her and the lord above to thank!


so i hope you enjoyed this post! i love reading words of encouragement. im a sap who cries at anything! what can i say! 
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

don'tforget to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment