Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am Thankful

From my favorite President:


As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

 
Last year i gave the biggest thanks of my life. I thanked the lord above for all the blessings he gave me. My biggest being my daughter we got to share our first thanksgiving day with her and as our own little family. Isla was almost two months old short by 3 days. This year i have the privilege to be able to do it once more and although it does not have to be thanksgiving i thank the lord each and every day. Before i close my eyes i pray over my daughter and thank him for her, for him, for my family. The good lord has blessed me in so many ways i don't know how i got so lucky but i wont tire of singing his praises and thanking him for the life i am fortunate to live. This year is a little more special however, this year my daughter gets to eat turkey and all the yummy stuff with us. I get to sit back and watch her run along her little cousins. Can you believe it?!?! Walking amongst them playing laughing, waving saying “hi” and answering “eyelah” when asked her name! This year I am thankful for everything! I am thankful for the air I breathe and the new day I welcome. Isla makes things so special for me I can’t wait to continue to build more memories and traditions with her.  I am thankful!



To my loving husband,

Thank you baby for everything that you have done for me and for our family. Thank you for taking on that role of a loving father and husband. You wear it so well.  I am so blessed and lucky to have you as mine.  I love you papa!


Isla my dearest Isla,
Thank you for the smiles, thank you for opening my eyes to this fascinating beautiful world. Through you I see things in a new light. I can’t wait to run home to you daily and be received with the “mama’s” and smiles you give me. You don’t really understand just yet the significance of Thanksgiving but daddy and I will make sure you do, And that you are thankful daily. You are a blessed little girl that is surrounded by so much love.  You make our world better in so many ways. I love you through and through!

No comments:

Post a Comment