Wednesday, August 31, 2011

To my future Son in law


(Don’t judge me based on my title, I support my daughter in whatever her preferences will be, and whatever lifestyle she will live. I stand by her either way this is a generally speaking post)



To My Future Son in Law,

Having a little girl you are venerable to the thought of having her heart broken one day. You can’t help the inevitable. I don’t know if it is stereotypical or what have you since we females are known to be the damsel in distress but I do know that we all go through it in one way or another. Man or woman, I want my daughter to find that perfect guy. I want her to be taken care of in all aspects of life. This does not mean that she can’t do for her self because we are teaching her self value. We will teach her it is better to able to fend for your self than rely on someone, but having some one who is supportive is just as rewarding. I want the world for her. I want her to know what it is to love and be loved. I don’t ever want her heart broken; I don’t ever want to see her cry over a boy. IV been there it hurts. I don’t ever want her to hurt, if she ever gets hurt by the opposite sex I will hunt that guy down. Okay so I wont go there because I will be the mom who will stay out of it, I will be there to offer advice if she asks me for it, I wont step in unless it is something toxic and dangerous going on I think any mama would at this point. I vow to teach her right from wrong and teach her to know what the way to be treated is. I want to have the relationship with my daughter I had with my own mother.  My mother is wonderful, she is old school but in different ways. My mother knew all about me. I never lied to her or kept anything hidden from her. I was a good teenager. I came to her for advice and she NEVER steered me wrong she is my mother! I told her when I lost my virginity and she even allowed me to spend the night with my boyfriend when I was 16! YES I know and I am sure you guys will think negatively but I turned out FINE and I feel like I am not a statistic since my own daughter was planned. No teen mom here. My mom would pick my boyfriend up and let him go along with us everywhere. Her mentality on this  and I asked her was better to know where you are then not to know and you going behind my back. AMEN to that. Really! I feel like open relationship opens the door for her to come freely to me, no judging I am her mother. I am her mother FIRST and her friend SECOND. there is to be no in between.  I will imply what my mother taught me in all aspects. Of course i still have to take in to consideration what my husband wants to imply as well since he seems to be against this boyfriend coming over thing, but I told him he cant be closed minded since my own parents allowed him to stay in their home as well, course when I met him I was 18 but I was graduating that year. Back on topic. I only hope and wish for Mr. Wonderful for her I want that man to sweep her off her feet and give her the life she deserves.  I want her to have a fairy tale wedding; I have visuals of  seeing my husband walk her down the isle. I want to tell her that she is the most beautiful bride I have ever seen and for me she will be JUST that. I can’t wait for the day when she comes home to tell me she has found the one.

       SO for the Mr. Potential I ask that you love and respect my daughter the way you would only dream of a man doing for your potential daughter.  This is my random rambling and random thoughts that goes through my head. I want the world for my daughter but what parent doesn’t? I want her to have the world at her feet and I want her to be humble enough to appreciate what life gives her. I want her to succeed at life. I want her to be worldly, but above all I feel it is truly important to succeed at love. I want her to feel like her life is complete and with love there is a lot to be said, love can equal peace. If we love there is respect if there is respect there is peace. It all truly starts with love and I believe what you bestow on your child is what they will become, you are raising these little beings in this huge world and with that comes heart ache, love, adventures. No one ever said that life was going to be easy but you just hope to make the right choice in hopes it leads you down the path of life. I want Isla to experience the world; I want her to find the FOREVER kind of love that we as a society have lost sight of. It gets harder and harder to keep a traditional lifestyle and marriage. I want her to be rich in love. I want Mr. wonderful to be just that perfect I won’t settle for less for her. Is this too much to ask? I want her happiness I want her to look back at her life as she is sitting on her porch drinking tea and I want her to look to her right and see her other half and feel fulfilled, think that what she has done and been through has brought her happiness and no regrets because remember Never Have Regrets Because at One Point Everything You Did Was Exactly What You Wanted. Own it. SO I say: Mr. Perfect please cherishes her and loves her until forever. Honor her and take her as she is.  I love my daughter and I have dreams of one day sharing the moment with her where she becomes a mother and for the first time in her life she can truly have a glimpse of MY OWN  love for HER. I can’t wait to be there beside her (if she allows me) on the day she welcomes her own child, I have these fantasies of seeing her have my first grandchild. Only then I think she will know what it is like to love and be loved in return… genuinely and in a different way. I want nothing more than for her to share this feeling with her potential Mr. wonderful. the way i shared that moment with her daddy that moment when my little family was alone in our hospital room for the first time as parents and my strong NEVER cries husband, shed tears because he was so over joyed with the birth of his daughter that he cried and thanked GOD out loud for this miracle he gave us.So there he layed in that ever so comfortable couch bed and cried, he asked me if we could pray together... 


We offered a prayer of gratitude together to our heavenly father for entrusting us with something so special, so healthy and beautiful, so pure and perfect. it was somewhere during those first few moments as a mother, looking at my husband now as a father, that my faith in God grew. my purpose in life now seemed so clear and this overwhelming new love and responsibility kicked in that i didn't know i had for my new baby girl.And we laid there in my hospital bed him, isla, and I and we both cried and we were so thankful! That has got to be my most treasured moment. I will never forget that feeling that passed through my whole body. He was in LOVE! Tell me am I asking for too much? 

No comments:

Post a Comment