Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Inspired


"True love stories never have endings"....Unknown.


I walk in to my local favorite donut shop. You know that little hole in the wall the kind of place you would walk past because you figure it probably is no good. Well not my place, my place always has the best glazed donut holes ever!  About once a month I like to reward my self with these babies along with my daily morning staple, my good ol’ cup of Joe! I LOVE my coffee. If you know me you know I CANT live with out my cup of coffee and my vanilla creamer.  This place actually really has a great a cup of Joe! Well any who back to my reason for this post. As I was preparing my coffee an older gentleman was already sitting at the table where any given morning you find a group of older retired men, they seem to come here and shoot the shit per say… I think it is where they hold their pow-wow. This gentleman was reading his newspaper and Well this other gentleman walks in an greets the man already at the table Grand Torino style and a good ol pat on on the back lets call the gentleman already at the table “A” and the other gentleman “B” for the sake of keeping the conversation straight (I promise there is a reason for all this clarification) He says “hey there” A” long time no see” (I assume he is new around these parts of the shop because gentleman B iv seen there before.)” B “goes on and says “get all your kids through school “A”? “A” says “yep yep, and now I am here trying to get away from the old lady for a while” And “B” chuckles I break a smile as I am stirring my coffee and “A” continues on saying can you believe it at the end of this month it will be 56 years of marriage with the same woman and 3 years before that in high school its been 59 years since she picked up on me. My heart melted!  I make eye contact and give him a smile from ear to ear, as I walk out I say that is very admirable and to treasure that woman and excuse my self. As I walked to my car I think WOW that is what life is truly about! There is something of that “old fashion” kind of lasting love I so admire and long for in my own marriage. Now see iv been told before that I am an old soul which is why I think don’t miss my “old” life the life where we would stay up till the wee hours (on purpose) sleep in till noon get up have lunch and lounge around careless until the night time when we would up and go out on the town. Our weekend consisted of rest and relaxation coming and going as we pleased, all this was before Isla but the transition in to mommy hood for me was easy breezy! I am the one who was always the “mommy” of my group when I announced to my girlfriends I was pregnant they all simply smiled and said to me we know you will make a great mommy. What a huge compliment! I feel as though my need to nurture and to love is reason enough why I take mommy hood so gracefully. Everything came natural to me. yuck right!?! I know what you’re thinking another girl who is blogging about how perfect her life is. Please don’t judge me because although the baby part came easy to me there have been things that have not been a smooth transition (I feel future post coming on). Back to what I was saying this morning’s walk through gave a perception of how I could only wish my life will be I hope to one day have the kids off to college and enjoying my leisure time watching the people come in and out of my coffee shop I say “my” not because ill own it but because every morning at about the same time I hope to have made friends who I can share a cup of coffee with and reminisce about what life has given us. I hope that one day 40 years from now I can get away from “the old man” for some girly time. This morning conversation really put thing in to perception for me and how their kind of love last, something that is very UN common now in days. Sadly marriages don’t last 50 years plus, so I ask are we jaded in to the perception that the grass is always greener?  Or is it that the “old fashion” has a perception of in the bubble where everything is perfect and no one wants to make any changes for the sake of comfort? Or maybe they just really understand the value of life and the value of a strong marriage perhaps they hold the key to successes in marriage, because I know no one is perfect nor do I say I want the perfect marriage after all that would be boring! There would be no make up sex. TMI? Hope not! I don’t think we will ever truly know the answers or perhaps I just don’t want to know. I just know that I want to build a happy, loving; two parent’s around FAMILY home where my daughter no matter her age can be proud and know exactly where the heart is…

So this was my Friday rant I hope you enjoyed a little insight to how my brain rolls. 






No comments:

Post a Comment