Saturday, August 27, 2011

A day in the life of US (mommy and Isla version)


working on this walking thing...

















I like Fridays but Saturdays are my favorite! Because this means its Isla and mommy day I share her on Sunday with the man she calls da-da! No complaints here though. I enjoy Saturdays with my girl.  With daddy’s schedule he gets her to him self on Mondays works out so well for us we each get our one on one time with her and the rest of the week we all are together but it’s during the week and we both work. Isla stays with his Grandma as I have expressed in a previous post. Well Saturdays usually go a little like this



7:00 AM- Isla wakes up for a bottle I usually give her 2 ounces

8:00 AM- Daddy wakes up and Isla and I are usually in bed watching Club house Disney

8:45 AM- We send daddy off for work and Isla and I have breakfast

We usually play until 9:30-10:00 and then its time for her fist nap



10-11:30 sometimes 12 we have lunch get her all cleaned up and we usually will walk to the park, we have snacks and by the time we come back she is usually ready for her second nap 2 oz of formula and she naps from 2-3



We usually will run errands after this nap since she will be refreshed and ready to hang



Daddy gets home by 5 so we usually go to diner or have dinner at home we play have bath time and she is usually ready for bed by 8 sometimes 9 and she is out for the night!



Daddy and mommy time after that.  Now this is an example of a day when we stay home at times we are super busy as we have been these last couple weekends. I have felt as though we don’t get to spend that one on one time these last Saturdays but we are together and I enjoy her company! It’s a little more hectic but it works. Isla is a good baby to travel with so I am not complaining but its so funny how things change when you have a child and the way you have to schedule things now, before Isla the husband and I used to do random things at random hours and now we are “planners” I wouldn’t have it any other way since “I am a planner”



What I do on hectic Saturdays



The night before I pack up and refill diaper bag

* Snacks

* Food

* Warm clothes/ cool clothes

* Diapers

* binky’s



I pack a bag I usually leave in my car of toys, books, extra blankie, bottle and a comfy outfit for me.



I think ahead on what I am going to wear and lay Isla’s outfit out so in the morning I can change her and be done with her “readiness” then I can proceed to get my self ready. I usually will put the bags in my car the night before so when I leave in the A.M. my hands are with baby in tow.



These simple things help me get a good start to our day, very easy to do and makes a world of difference.



Im off to Enjoy my Saturday with my lala (what we have been calling Isla since she was in my belly) 

Little miss has a photo shoot :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment