Thursday, February 2, 2012

Survey...why not?

1. What name did you and your spouse call your baby before you knew the gender?
We  just knew we were having a girl odd i know. but we did have a girl. so we called her by her name Isla ( pronounced eye-lah)
but ill tell you i would have felt awful if isla was a boy... we just keep that our little secret!
 
2. When did "Oh-my-gosh-we're-having-a-baby" really sink it?
I have to say when she started really moving and doing karate inside me!
 
3. When you think of yourself as a mom, what's the first thing to come to mind?
i think about this little person that needs me and i want to give her everything. Be the best mommy i can be. cheesy i know. i am a sap!
4. Is your nursery complete? What's the theme and what do you have left to complete?
Not yet, we are living in the same room. there so much i want to do once we move in to a two bedroom!
 
5. List 5 qualities you hope your baby will possess:
sypathetic, loving, accepting,flexibility,fearless
6. What's your ideal labor experience?
 i really thought our labor was just as it should have been. it was our first experience and i expect nothing. i went in with an open mind. once the pushing began my daughter was in my arms with in 30 minutes. 4 pushes baby!!!!
7. List 5 things that have changed in your relationship with your spouse since you've been pregnant: 
It's hard to make a list of something like this. Our relationship has changed in a lot of ways. In some ways, we're a lot closer than before. Words can't describe how awesome it is to know there is a little human being in my belly that is half him and half me. It's neat to look at him and think of him as a father- the father of OUR baby. I don't think anything can bring two people together more than a little miracle like that. In other ways, I feel more distant. There are a lot of things we used to do together (like surf and skate) that I can't anymore. Also, my body has been changing in ways that are sometimes really hard for me to deal with, and I don't think he really understands it at all. 

8. List 5 things you think changed once your baby arrived:
  • money
  • sleep
  • sex (lets be real here)
  • the way i see the world it will be more beautiful
  • i think friendships
 
 
9. Where were you when you went into labor?
at home shortly after our hospital visit and monitoring Isla. it was a Friday and i went in to labor and didn't go to hospital until about 2 pm Saturday.

10. Did you talk to your baby and play music?
Yes of course! i talked to her always. i would read to her. or when i read my books id read outloud. i played classical music to her all the time, baby Einsteins made a permanent home in my ipod. i would be filing at work and i would but one headphone in my ear and tape another to my belly!  
11. In what ways do you hope your baby is like your spouse?
I hope she is as outgoing as he is. and have his comedian side. He can make me laugh ALWAYS.

 
12. In what ways do you hope your baby is like you?
I hope she can be like me in where i am very girly but not afraid to get dirty or even try new things. be open minded. accepting and all out easy going. i think i fit those.
 
13. How long will you wait for the next baby, or if this is your last one, why/why not?
We have said we want to try again when Isla is turning 3. we want them close but yet still give her alone time.

 
15. Who was with you during labor?
My husband of course. His mom, and my sister. My mom wanted to give his mom the chance to be there since it is her first grandchild. My sister was the photographer. I really wish i would have had my mom there. SO NO MATTER WHAT i want my mom to be there the next time.
16. How much will you tell your baby (child, teenager) about your past? Why/why not?
I am not ashamed of who i am so i will be very open. i want to have a good relationship with my daughter. Parent FIRST friend SECOND!

 
17. Do you have any hopes for your child's activities? (Sports, academics, school preference, activities, etc)
I will fully support any (healthy) activity she wants to try. i know i want to try her out gymnastics, ballet, and let her decide after what she wants.

 
18. When will you tell your baby about the birds and the bees?
 
i think i will know when we get there.

19. In what ways do you hope you'll parent like your parents did? In what ways do you hope you aren't like them? 
My parents are wonderful. ALWAYS LOVING AND SUPPORTIVE but were strict with me in the right way. they let me express my self. If i could be half the parents they were then id be happy.  arent? hmmm thats tough. im not sure. we are diffrent generations and with that i feel there is a diffrent communication barrier.

 
20. Which childhood memory do you hope your child will have (similar to one you fondly remember)? 
closeness, doing things together.

 
21. And finally, Be annoying! What "advice" do you want newly pregnant women to know?
Trust your gut, do what you feel is the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment