Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How I keep my head on...

POST ITS! POST ITS! POST ITS! i put them EVERYWHERE!

I guess you can say I have selective type A personality at times, but I am mostly type B. I like to think of my self as very organized. If my husband didn’t have me to tell him where he left his HEAD he would loose his head. I swear! He agrees “hi honey” emoji smurk ;)  So I was thinking it would be fun to share my “tips” per say I mean they aren’t really tips more than how I do it, How I keep my self organized. IT’S HARD! Especially when you have my husband who thinks the floor. Maybe you guys may get some ideas along the way. Feel free to share some of your “ways” id love to hear them!

So here is my break down: put before I get in to details I want to confess that I am a TOTAL note take. I am OBSSESD with making list. I mean my lists have list! And if you know me on a personal level you would know that I carry post it notes in my purse. Often get teased about having a Mary Poppins bag! You name it I most probably carry it! Lol!

Okay so moving forward….

Let’s start at home shall we?


My Jewelry i wear my wedding ring and earrings I also wear my daughters birthstone pendant DAILY I can’t sleep with any form of jewelry on, so I always remove them and put them straight in their “home” their home is a little jewelry holder box where we put our earrings (yes I said our, hubby has his ears pierced) I have a jewelry box where I keep most my jewelry. This little box is just our frequently used items.

Calendar- we have this whiteboard where I can keep track of important dates, appointments where I get to decorate according to the month with good ol dry erase markers.

Mail/bills- I have an envelope holder and in there I store important bills. As far as mail comes I tend to look through it and toss out in that instant the not import stuff.

Important paper work- we have file accordion where we keep medical records, taxes, car info, and manual, anything important. We also have a same where I like to keep baby book, pictures, birth certificates, socials, and really really important stuff. You know fire proof and all!

 Isla’s food- I tend to make some batches for the upcoming week, nothing major anymore not like when I used to make all her baby food. I usually will make some veggies for Isla on Sundays. For example ill make her peas and carrots, sweet potato and just steam them and store them in containers with a label with the date. Makes it a breeze for feedings not processes just re heat and serve!


Toiletries- I have a cart where I store all of Isla's must haves diapers, ointments,lotions,hair stuff, bows, bibs, washcloths, towels, what have you and I always make sure to have back up box of diapers even if the cart is full, same goes for the wipes and the diaper genie refill.

Diaper bag always in the same place and always fully stocked! i keep her immunization records with her medical card. i also have three medical release forms for the people who would mostly be watching her with their names and my husbands and my signature if heaven forbid something were to happen to her i want them to be able to take her the urgent care and if she needs immediate attention they may proceed.  I also have her doctors business card with a print out of their urgent care locations and her doctors office address.

Toys- I usually keep all her toys in her little toy boxes we have one in the living room with all her toys and other fun stuff, I have some little baskets I sort out different toys, books, balls, and rubber duckies(she loves duckies)  I keep the toys in one area in the family room BUT they end up in the hall the kitchen bathroom everywhere! Okay not the bathroom she is not allowed in there with out us.

Car- I carry an extra diaper bag and blankets in case my dear husband forgets to grab one. I ALWAYS make sure to bring a blanket ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE we go. The diaper bag has her size diapers, wipes, a warm and cool outfit option and little knickknacks like sunscreen, diaper ointment, body wash, shampoo, a bottle of water and an empty sippie. I also store 5 bucks in there in case she may need any snacks. We have extra toys that travel with is and BOOKS she loves BOOKS so those are a must.

(NOTE: I also have a daddy check off list of what he needs to make sure he brings with him if he and Isla are out and about)

Mommy bag- I have a travel bag I carry with extra me stuff, comfy clothes like sweats, socks, sandals, make up wipes, chap stick, fem products, magazines, sweatshirt. At times I go straight to my parents to visit from work with no time to get comfy and I usually am in heels or platforms from work so I can easily slip on comfy clothes.

I like to keep these stocked and I replenish as I use. And ill tell ya that extra diaper bag has come in handy.


My purse is pretty organized for the most part. I have a little bag in my purse where I keep little stuff, band aids, hair pins, aspirin, little hand wipes and other random stuff.

my planner,my coupon accordion,and wallet!


Electronics devices I store notes, important date’s, and email I clean out as I receive. I have created folders in my email accounts where things go if they are important enough to keep.

WOW! That was a lot huh?!?! Seesh! I'm not perfect and I misplace things constantly but with these little things I do I seem to do just fine. Motto: just get it done. Walk that bill straight to my spot when I get it instead of it floating around. Hang those keys immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment