Friday, May 4, 2012

When we found out we were Pregnant


I think I talked about being pregnant and a scare we had early on but i never really wrote about it. 
We weren't expecting to get pregnant the way we did. We had been together for some time. 5 years to be exact. We had toyed with the idea of having a baby together since we both wanted to have a baby and thought if it were to happen we would be thrilled and felt ready! I wanted to give my self a break from birth control since I had been on birth control since I became sexual( that sounds so proper) I talked to him about it and we had discussed to be more careful. You hear all sorts of things where they say when you are on it for some time it takes your body some time to adjust again. We had said if it were to happen then we would receive it with arms open. We had fantasies of having a baby that looks like him and I. I am very regular and very in tune with my body.  I was only two days late and I just knew I was pregnant! BY the third day (February 5th) I had decided to take a pregnancy test since we were meeting friends at their home and planning some hang out time and wine! Well I picked up a test and I took it and there were two lines! I was sort of shocked! Like really shocked more so because we had just came back from palms springs trip where adult beverages were being taken. Doctor reassured me not to worry all was okay after my first appointment. Back to that night I was so nervous! I called our host and had her come in with me I had no idea what to do. Since it was her home I wanted to inform her since she expects me to enjoy a glass or two with her that night. How was I going to all of a sudden be out of the mood to enjoy the evening? I told her, she was excited with me. I called my then boyfriend and shared it was positive and what he did blew me away! HE grabbed me and gave me a huge hug with the BIGGEST GRIN on his face! HE was so excited! I was so surprised with his reaction! It was so comforting! That reaction proved to me he was the one that was meant to be the father of my child! The first time he saw the image of our then peanut on the monitor at our first shared Ultra sound looking at his face so intrigued and so interested in what everything was I couldn’t help but smile! Next was out family! We told my parents and my mom was sort of unsure if I was serious and once I told her I was not kidding she was of course very excited and very very supportive. My parents have always been this way! We told my mother in law next. We went to eat our local sports restaurant. They had some drinks and I was so nervous I didn’t know what to expect. We just blurted it out! We are pregnant! Her reaction? “ what”? “Oh my god” “I AM GOING TO BE A GRAMA!!! Tears in her eyes she was thrilled! That was a wonderful feeling. We told his dad… and well he was hesitant. He came around to that idea. I think it’s different for a man. It’s his oldest son becoming a father now might be something he was not prepared for. Who knows? HE loves his granddaughter and that’s all that matters now. The only reaction I cared about was my boyfriends he was nothing but charming and proud! We got married. while I was pregnant I had a wonderful pregnancy. 


SO Isla, baby you were WANTED AND WELCOMED from DAY ONE! 
we wanted you more than anything! 
you are the best present your daddy has ever given me! 
OUR BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT! 
i love you FOREVER!
Second day home!

No comments:

Post a Comment