Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Quiet time

 quiet time, what does this mean again? since islas birth i think i have learned to really appreciate this, funny how they say when you get older you appreciate the things our parents would, and now the comment of "oh its because they are old" is rapidly becoming me. Not saying i am old because quiet frankly you are only as old as you feel. i am a very active person with an active mind. i love it when and After Isla is tucked away and dreaming with her angels, daddy and I usually will hang out while we catch up on some shows. Some times his choice like most one's, BUT i will Admit some are very good choice. Monday night we got in to a show i was anticipating, but i already knew he would get sucked in. our new Monday show is Playboy club. I think i am really going to like this! Totally worth missing the Charlie sheen roast but i am sure we will catch it on re run! I enjoy sitting up in bed eating popcorn, (yes we really did) and enjoying a show with my husband we don't even have to talk to enjoy each other's company! Makes it so much more intimate that we can be right next to each other and not have to say a word YET taking it all in! Yes i love OUR quiet time!
I love the random nights i cant sleep because my thoughts are running around in my head, i get to catch up on "me" stuff weather it is the stacked up BUILT up magazines i get delivered one by one OR in September when the magazine was dated agust( we all know thoese magazines are ahead so this means i am two behind) if its the reading, or the cleaning of my make up brushes, or perphaps sneaking in a pedi i enjoy it. I love wrintg in my daughters journal and crying as i look back at our shared memories thus far! i LOVE QUIET TIME! or on nights when Isla is asleep and i miss her so i kidnap her from her crib and  bring her in bed with us and snuggle! she kicks and moves and smacks me all night but i love the sound of her breath! i love to have her near me. I feel even though she asleep she knows i am there! So i take any time i get with her since i work full time! That is great quiet time, just watching her sleep as the siloute of her nose profile is all i can see with her night light. I am in love! It may not be conviniet the times i or WE find quiet time but none the less i enjoy it! this is my life and if we end up each sitting in bed with our own respectable night stand lamps on, with our glasses on, reading material in hand, side by side just the husband and i 50 maybe 60 years from now, or maybe it will be a night when Isla is getting some much needed rest with a newborn of her own and i get to have the privillage of holding my grandchild at 4 in the morning in the future, God willing  i know i will LOVE our quiet time!

No comments:

Post a Comment