Thursday, June 7, 2012

Love letter to my Daughter


My sweetest Isla,

It doesn't matter what sort of day we just had. Weather it was  a wonderful fun filled day or one of those sort of "off days". I know that no matter what my favorite time with you is bed time, when you are winding  down ready for Mimi time. Its when i can take advantage of the still of the night and how calm you are. I get to steal those kisses i cant give you as i want. I get a few moments of cuddles but nothing like when you are dozing away. Don't get me wrong I can't get enough of you while you Learn your surrounding and laugh and play. You are so amazed with everything that's new to you! There is nothing i enjoy more than to see your face light up when you hear or see an "airpane" as you call it... You area such a strong little girl. You can't get enough of all these adventures! And I love that I get to be the one to  show you the world around you.  teach you about what's used for what and play your puzzle boards with you. But at night time, we read you books and you just love your story time! "Book book bookay" Any time of the day you can get a story you are one happy girl! :) after your bedtime story I love the nights you grab me and cuddle me like you do teddy! On your tummy and your arm rubs my  back and locking around my neck. I enjoy that closeness... And to kiss your little soft cheeks and run my hand through your curls helps me to unwind. the nights you are uneasy I still get to enjoy your closeness as I sneak a  soft touch I know you enjoy! Even if you push against...There is nothing more I enjoy then your scent! I love you through and through and I love as you get older you find ways to respond to my " i love you's" from  a gentle rub against my chest to caressing my arms as the pattern soothes you. I tell you I love you and as your arm is around my neck you pat my back as a response and I know you understand my love for you! The way when i get home from work you receive me with tight holds and sweet loving looks. you are a love bug! you love to rub your little face agaist mine as you close your little eyes in the moment. you are so sweet! you love the butterfly kisses we share and i love that you know who I am! You only give ME   that sort of affection. I am your mommy! There is no other title I would wear more proudly   "Isla's mommy"  you bring me so much joy and I thank god for you  daily! Thank you for these little moments that i cherish. Mommy daughter relationships are one of the closest ones. I am so thankful for that!  Well my little princess mommy loves you until infinity!

-mommy

3 comments:

  1. This is so precious.. I think mother daughter relationships are the most magical ones. It’s a bond that no one will be ever be able to break. I have no idea why I am so scared to have a little girl.. they are just so delicate and precious …

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are embracing these magical moments. They are truly a treasure and it is so wonderful to see you relishing in these times. And thank you so much for sharing them with us. You are saying the words that many mommies feel but have not expressed. God bless you for this and for being the wonderful mommie you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla, you are so right they are the most magical ones. Isla will always be my princess and even when she thinks she hates me i know i will be there NO MATTER what. and like you said nothing will be able to break our bond. Don't be scared little girls are the best and they truly show you a love unlike no other and i am sure they give a unique "tip toe kiss" ;) (loved that post by the way)
    Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

    Mrs. Carrera, thank you! i get overwhelmed with this love and i love writing to her and expressing my self. maybe in those times when she thinks she hates me she will be able to look back at these post and her journal and see i love her endlessly. this particular post i felt so inspired as i put her to sleep and she was caressing me with her little hand on my skin and its like "WOW" so little yet she has such an impact on me. it sounds so cheesy but i cry with joy because i am truly blessed to have been given this little life to tend to and nurture and love. Its the best feeling in the world to be a mother and i only hope my daughter can feel this love when she has a child of her own.Only then i think she will understand my words.

    ReplyDelete