Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mommy guilt

I have some days where I am laying and bed and I feel guilty. I feel guilty I didn't get cuddles, or feel like I didn't give either Isla, or Ezra extra or enough love. I know they say it is completely normal for the first born to act out because of their new sibling but I just feel like it's more than that. We changed her (isla's) world by adding a new little member to our family and although we did our best to make her feel apart of the whole pregnancy and explaining to her all about her new role as a big sister I still feel like she gets left out. I have guilt that some days I am so exhausted and I just go about my day like a robot getting things just done. I don't take the extra time to do an activity with Isla. Ezra has been so diffrent and very needy I feel like I leave Isla out. There are times where Isla ask me to play with her and I just can't because Ezra needs something, or even if Ezra is asleep i might have something I need to do house wise or even personal wise and i don't take the time. When will this mommy guilt go away. I feel as though I can't do enough to keep each member happy and in the mix have a functional home or even make an ounce of time for my self. I feel selfish when I want to watch a netflix show while Ezra naps and Isla plays in the living room. Granted I am cleaning our bedroom or putting away a load of laundry as I am trying to watch a show, but this is time I could just STOP and go play doll house with Isla. I have yet to find the in between where I can keep sane and give Isla the attention she needs. Isla was so used to having me all to her self and I was so used to the simplicity of one child. I rocked,I had it down pat. Now I feel like at the end of the day once it's Islas bed time I am able to relax and take some time to our selves maybe watch a movie with my husband in bed before Islas 12:30 feeding but the problem there is I don't make it through the first half hour of the movie there fore neglecting my husband. I often compare my self to some mamas I follow on Instagram and wonder how I can't seem to keep a happy home in my situation but here these woman work,are full time mamas, maintain a home and STILL do activities with their children and did I mention have dinner ready for their spouses. How do they do it??? I lay in bed "trying" to catch up on some of my reading and end up scrambling my brain as to how I can keep everyone happy. I grab Isla and will cuddle her as she sleeps and give her the love I wish I could show her more of during the day, that one on one time. Don't get me wrong I make sure to make time for some mommy and me alone time so my girl can feel special but this guilt kills me. Finding the balance is something I am sure will just come and routine our lives to ensure a smooth transition. Isla just be patient with mommy the way I know you are. You are my sweet sweet girl and you are never far from my mind and my intentions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment