Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'm BACK (written a few months back with minor adjustments)


It's been about 4 months since I have posted... Wow! Where does the time go! So much has happened and so many new things have been learned its crazy how time can do that and you don't realize how fast we spin! Isla turned 2, I made the decision to ask my husband if I could stay home with our daughter given his job opportunity. My husband is making my dream a reality and I am so thankful and greatful to him! He is amazing! Last night he about made me cry. His words are so sweet that it still sweeps me off my feet! My husband professed his love for me and told me how much he loves me and how IN LOVE he is with me! How the fire will never burn out for him! That even when I push him away he loves me more! Calling me his lioness and paying me the ultimate compliment! I must admit though this is not out of character for him, he always tells me sweet little nothings. He is amazing and I thank him for giving me opportunity to raise our daughter. See I was struggling with leaving her for my8-5 daily! I mean daily. I could cry. It was not healthy for me. I wanted to be the mom iv always dreampt I could be. Having my daughter has shined a light in my life that I never knew was there! There are millions of talents out there and thing people are good at. I was born to be a mother! Taking on the responsibility of being a mother is the ultimate gift! I cherish each moment! I love being a wife as well. This is my calling to care for my life partner and my child. I get emotional and think wow I could have been missing out on all these moments! Her little gestures, her words, her laughs. I wanted to be the one to show her the world! Thankfully that is where we are! Daddy signed us up for a mommy and me class called Teeny weeny wigglers and isla just Loves it!( This session is mow over but come january time for another class) She looks forward to it weekly. We try to do park every day( giving the weather permits) do our random beach dates we substitute our park visits with many different activities. we love to go to the pet store and just look at the animals! Tuesdays we have toddler story time and craft time at our local library! We have our dates, and play dates and we spend the day playing and enjoying company. We are busy girls! These are the things I longed to do with her, the things only a mommy should share with their child. Child care although we appreciated it can never replace mommy. Isla is TWO. My baby is 2! Thankfully I only missed out on 8 months of her life working and making the trip home to see her at lunch, 8 months is a long time! I couldn't handle not being the one to feed her, or be the one she woke up to. It's my job! I quickly found out that mommyhood truly is a full time job. Even on my sick days I'm on! I complain along the way but you know what I am thankful!
Isla's development has amazed me and impressed me! Her sentences and the way she expresses her self is amazing! Its a wonderful feeling hearing from my loved once that since i have been home with her( 4 months) she has really blossomed that my love and lessons have made a difference and it shows in her demeanor and her talking skills. My husband and I often get complimented on her brightness and that to me is a compliment! Her tight loving hugs she gives me makes this all worth it! We have a routine and my daughter is a mamas girl and I love it! We play, we laugh, and we learn together because in her two years of life she has taught me about the world I already lived in. Amazing how that works! Your child opens your eyes to things we took for granted daily. Stoping to watch an ant crawl by and pulling over to swing on the swings. Or putting our rain boots on and splashing in the puddles! For all these things I am thankful! To my  husband... THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww D I am so happy to hear that! We need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete